Gaelic Football Club. Est. 2009
Umpires shall have the power to deal with and bring to the referee’s attention:
(a) Any Off the ball incidents
(b) Any incidents that may have gone unnoticed by the referee
(c) Any incursions onto the Field of Play by a team manager, coach, selector or any unauthorized person.
Guidlines for Umpires
- Wear white coats where provided
- Do not engage in unnecessary conversation with each other, players or team
- Do not lean against the goal posts
- Give clear and prompt signals
- The referee has the power to overrule umpires and the referee’s decision.
The correct positioning of umpires is of major importance and the following is recommended:
- Stand approx 1 metre away from upright and 1 metre behind the end line
- A ball coming in from the right hand side of the playing pitch which may cross the bar for a point: the umpire on the left-hand side (looking in-field) shall move back behind the goal facing the flight of the ball.
- A ball coming in from the left hand side of the playing pitch which may cross the bar for a point: the umpire on the right-hand side (looking in-field) shall move.
- In the absence of flags, hold arm straight up in the air to indicate a point.
- In the absence of flags, move in front of the center of the goal and cross arms.
- In the absence of flags, point arm at goal to indicate a goal.
All photography, documentation, and any other material is property of Prague Hibernians Gelic Football Club. No copying, duplication or use of photos in any capacity is allowed without prior written consent from Prague Hibernians Gaelic Football Club.